Sunday 31 March 2019

Next PM? The bets are on!!

Yesterday (30th) conservative health secretary Matt Hancock was given the odds 10-1 by William Hill to become the next Prime Minister replacing Teressa May.

I am not a betting man but this could be worth a flutter (this by the way is not a tip just an observation)

Sajid Javid (9-1) is also in the running, He would be my preferred PM, I do like this guy a lot and think he could be the best man for our country but he has offended too many liberal-minded Conservatives with his reaction to the migrant crossing and Shamima Begum carryon (one of the reasons I like him is for his ability to stand up and speak out, well....at least more than most) 

Who else have we got?

Micheal Grove (4-1 Fav)? But perhaps too much a prominent Brexiteer and the same could perhaps be said about Boris Johnson (9-2 and still carrying that stab wound in his back from Grove) and may MPs say they would resign if Buffon...sorry, I mean Boris was to become PM.

Jeremy Hunt seems a good favourite get there is a sense he just does not have the kinda following he would need to succeed.

Dominic Rabb, David Davis, Penny Mordaunt and David Lidington? I really don’t know enough about this pair so they don’t really stand out in my mind. 

Andrea Leadsom (25-1) ..she was in the final two in 2016 before pulling out and she is quite experienced so I would think she is in with a shout.

Jacob Rees-Mogg (28-1)? I don’t think so, the Brexit he is pushing for tends not to make a lot of friends within his party, although I do see him as the archetype statesman and Brexit views aside (I am a remainer) I do a wee bit respect him as a politician is a perverse sort of way, he has risen from the obscurity of the back-benches and I so find myself search on YouTube to watch him give talks to universities ..he almost convinces me to change my opinion about Brexit ....almost. I will also add here that I don’t like his devout Catholicism.... but he does seem to know how to keep the line between church and state.

Amber (Windrush) Rudd? Just no!
Ruth Davidson? Would not be the worst but I dont think she can even be in the running here.

You can get odds for David Cameron coming back into the fray at 200/1  

If you really want a long shot they you can place a bet of Tyson Fury becoming the next PM at 1000/1 .... now that ... I would like to see!! preferably for the safe haven of another country!!  .....yet everyone I mention above are still preferable than Labour getting in with Corbyn at the wheel ....that is just too unthinkable!!! 

Despite all the troubles the Conservatives are having i believe they are still polling higher than Labour at 35% to 31% I dont even this we should consider Lib Dems who are at 100-1. 


No comments:

Post a Comment