Sunday 5 January 2014

Little Update

Well that's 2014 in full swing now.
Returned to the gym a couple of days ago after a 15 day lay off and its such hard work getting back into the pace, going to concentrate more on cardio this year with some light resistance training as nursing a Rotary Cuff so going to pound out on the treadmill and stretch more.

The year did not have the best start as my little Chinchilla passed away a couple of nights ago. He was 12 and I had him since he was a tiny baby. The end was quite fast and he never suffered much. He had not been eating very well for a couple of days and when I returned home from work on the Thursday night he was propping himself up against his feeding bowl. I took him out of the cage, Got a box filled with hay and had him beside me gently comforting him when he passed away just before mid-night. I felt very sad losing my little furry buddy, he was such a tame little guy and I already miss him so much when I walk into the room and he is not jumping around his cage begging for a raisen treat, Miss you Buzz boy :-(

Rocky my African Grey is doing fine and very vocal these days. This summer he will be celebrating his second hatchday (birthday from emerging from his egg)
Just before the New Year he was on my shoulder cosying up when he accidently pecked me bluntly in the eye. It was bloody sore, no damage, he flew off my shoulder and when I was rubbing my eye with my head down he started shouting "are you ok?" I swear to God!! Uncanny or what!!!! It always amazes me how these little guys can use words in context!! In the morning we says good morning and at night before he climbs up to the top spar to roost he shouts good night...lol amazes me!! His intelligence was really took off since I have changed his diet to primary pellets and daily greens and veg only using nuts and seeds as a twice weekly treat and also the UVA lighting. He is becoming to clever for his boots, lets see how the terrible twos goes this year!! The notorious 2 year old period for parrots :-)

I uploaded a posting about a documentary I watched called "Blackfish" I urge everyone to watch this documentary or at least get the gist on YouTube....its an eye opener !!!!



Getting more and more into cooking these days!! Became a huge fan of Heston Blumental and Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall. (its one of this years goals for me to eat in Heston's Fat Duck restaurant)
I am becoming more adventurous will my cooking and sourcing stuff from the farmers market in Stirling and the surrounding areas, I will be posting some recipies soon. Also upgraded my old 3.5 litre slow cooker to a new 8 litre one so producing even more Feijorda (see previous posts)

Well I had finished season 9 of The Office (US) which was slow starting but got on track and a great ending. Also finished season 6 of the Big Bang Theory which was just great and watched back to back. I really post write more about this soon :-)

Was at the Black Sabbath concert in the Hydro in Glasgow last month which was just awesome!! Supported by Uncle Acid and the Dead Beats :-) really good show!! A couple of concerts already lines up for next year too :-)


Attended a High School reunion November last year. It was amazing seeing some guys and girls again who I have not seen for over 25 years!! Reminds me how lucky I was in my childhood having such great people in my life then.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment