Monday 27 May 2013

Megadeth's Th1rt3en

Megadeth was founded over 30 years ago in Los Angeles by Dave Mustaine and Dave Ellefson. They are one of the big 4 thrash metal bands which also include Metallica, Slayer and Anthrax. Megadeth have sold over 50 million records worldwide. Their recurring lyrical themes including politics, war, addiction, personal relationships, and religion. One of my favorite Megadeth albums is  Th1rt3en which was released in 2011 and fittingly, the quartet’s 13th CD. Whilst some critics would like to reflect on past glories, it is time to move on. Let's face it, if any band keeps churning out the same stuff it just becomes monotonous. The album could be seen as a return to form and includes new tracks and updated versions of old demos. `Sudden Death' harks back to technical trash riffage and can also be found on the 2010 Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock game.
Received my ticket...I am like a big kid..lol

Megadeth will be playing in Glasgow next week on tuesday the 4th June, I shall of course be there driving through straight after my work, the next day I will be back to Glasgow the see Scott Ian from Anthrax talk about his life and times so that is going to me a heavy two days next week!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment