Tuesday 21 May 2013

Gardening at Casa Savage

That’s one of the joys of blogging, you can write about any topic you choose, no matter how mundane and boring it may seem so

this is my entry about cutting the grass in my garden today.

Well it’s my week off!! I am a double day shift worker, I work two weeks Monday to Friday day shifts then followed by a week of backshifts Monday to Saturday then that’s me off for a whole week so today being a sunny Tuesday I decided to cut my grass for the first time this year, it is already over ankle deep so I decided to take the plunge literally and figuratively with my orange coloured flymo. Two hours later after lots of shoving and raking the lawn is now cut!!!! I little bit patchy under were the trampoline sat unmoved for about 6 months but that’s only to be expected and I shall learn from that mistake (and get some seeds to recover that part)
I turfed  and fenced the entire garden a couple of years ago, planted fruit trees around it and built a shed and a raised decking for my little boy’s swing.  Today I closely inspected the trees, I have 4 apple trees, 2 cherry trees, 4 pear trees, 2 apricot trees and 2 peach.  One of the pear trees is thriving which is terrific and surprising as it was the cheapest of the bunch, a runt of the litter so to speak but its over 10 feet high now, one of the cherry trees looks dead, no growth or leaves so that’s going to have to be replaced, the other one is self propagating so should not present a problem. Perhaps I will try training some raspberry bushes up the fence this year, I also have some bird, bee and ladybird houses to nail up. A little hedgehog shelter too.
It was nice working in the garden, actually got a bit sun on my skin, if this nice weather holds up perhaps have a barbeque this weekend, get the gazebo up, Rocky the parrot out in his little cage and maybe camp out for the night with Sam….perhaps I am getting carried away now…it will starting pis*ing down rain in a couple of days and my Bear Grilis plans of garden camping and survival  will need to be postponed…  ah well, it’s the thought that matters…talking of which…perhaps a water feature project…………….nah

No comments:

Post a Comment