Monday 27 May 2013

Little feathered Houdini

African Greys are quite renowned for their ability to escape from cages.  The Cage I have for Rocky has 3 access doors to remove his dishes when changing his seeds, water and fruit and veg.  The doors have a “lift and slide” mechanism which I thought was fool proof and impossible for Rocky boy to open from inside his cage but I was wrong. My little Houdini managed it, squeezed out and before I knew it he was perched of my shoulder all proud of himself as I sat working at my laptop!! Lucky I was in the same room at the time and never had any windows open or he could have been up, up and away.
I have now purchased 3 tiny padlocks to secure these access doors and have had a stern word with Rocky regarding this exploits in getting out to explore, he never ceases to amaze me with his intelligence.
I am an Eagle!!!

**Update 02/06/2013**
The escape attempt continues....
Let me out now!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment