Sunday 17 January 2021

Selling Scotland Down the River

I know that it’s picking the low hanging fruit these days when criticising the Scottish National Party, it’s like shooting fish in a barrel....but still I can’t help myself so you can imagine my joy coming across their Official Merchandise Store online (snpstore.org) 

It’s says on their site “The SNP Store is the official online store of the Scottish National Party. By purchasing from the SNP store you are helping the SNP shape our nation’s future success”.... Sales will go towards their campaign for Scottish independence (not the cloning of extinct “read never was” Unicorn DNA to introduce they into the highlands, I think they gave up on that one once they learnt glitter is not unicorn DNA) 


The first thing that caught my eye was the official SNP “Scottish ‘n proud” Gin which is selling for a small 50cl at £32.99 ...which they are again showing there humour surely and having a laugh at this price.

The irony is not lost that the SNP introduce minimum pricing on Alcohol because they claim that The Scottish people have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol whilst here they are peddling their own Gin.....I guess they have since branched out from selling snake oil. 






They also sell teddy bears wearing a “Yes” t-shirt ....I thought political parties where not allowed to politicise to children but they have been known in the pass to turn up at schools and hand out SNP balloons ... they try to indoctrinate them young. 





I must also say I was quite surprised to see their “Scotland in Europe” t-shirts still on sale for £16...I wonder what next? Perhaps “Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart play live at the Hydro 2021 tour” 




They also sell a “Scotland in Europe” face mask, I certainly hope it does a better job at blocking airborne particles then the SNP have done with their pledge to stay in the EU but as reading the small print  “this item is not classified as PPE Equipment” I would think not, but it would not surprise me if Jeane Freeman starts handing out any unsold stock to nurses and doctors on the front line. 

If you don’t fancy that design of face mask they do have another politically designed 26 to choose from on their pages at £8 a pop .... nothing quite like cashing in on a pandemic.






I am actually surprised the SNP have not opened up their own funeral directors company, they’d certainly do a roaring trade especially due to how they have handled the pandemic in nursing homes. 

(If you find that joke bad taste then the chances are that you support the SNP which then points to you having worst taste... touché separatists, get back in your boxes) 

I must admit I was a wee bit disappointed when I could not find on their page any Ian Blackford’s Billy Bunter Pies..... now that would be a best seller! 



No comments:

Post a Comment