Monday 24 October 2016

Café Andaluz

Café Andaluz is part of a chain of Spanish eateries with branches across Scotland. I had a visit one Saturday lunch time to their Edinburgh city centre base, with opulent Moorish-style décor of dark woods, mosaic tiles, large vases and even a statue of a bull about to charge, aims to transport you to a tapas bar in Southern Spain. The menu is extensive and includes popular dishes such as tortilla española, honey and mustard chicken, or their meat, fish, shellfish or seafood paellas (for two) remain.
Unsurprisingly, there’s a mixture of tapas staples – calamari are good with a twist of chorizo mayonnaise, pimientos de padron (small green peppers with sea salt) are moreish and tasty, and their churros (hot doughnut sticks with a hot chocolate dip) look delight although I missed out of desert this time as I was full but I shall remember to leave space next time.
Cafe Andaluz is quite deceiving – from the outside the restaurant looks small and cafe like but I was shocked as to how big and spacious it was inside. I loved the décor –bright and funky colours and each table has its own separate booth with plenty of space for you and your dining partner. I really enjoyed the Tapa there and would certainly recommend the place.

No comments:

Post a Comment